Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boston Mountains - Thats right MOUNTAINS!!!

Here are some of the sites I saw when I got to travel through during the Joe Martin Stage race in Arkansas. Most of the race was in the region of the Boston Mountains, Northwest Arkansas. Thats right, MOUNTAINS! They're no rockies but they do climb to an elevation of 2500+ feet. The area I was in are consider the "Low Mountains," just west of the 'high mountains."

Arkansas is a beautiful state, that I am sure that I'll come back to visit. Don't let the bad publicity of Arkansas prevent you to visit the 'natural state.' If you ever come visit Arkansas just a few things to remember:

1) Bring your own beer; many counties are dry
2) Don't stay in Bentonville AR, Walmart has destroyed the soul of that town
3) bring a bicycle, after all it is the 'natural state'
4) DONT LITTER! Arkansas has a strict policy for littering, that encourage people to report any violators and with fines that reach over $2000 + community services.
5) Bring your iPod, unless you want to listen to the radio that has nothing but Christian, and country stations.

Sorry about the whole set up. I'm trying to figure out how to work HTML. If you click on the photo, you can see the whole photo on my flickr.

The Boston Mountains (low mountains)
Boston Mountains


On Highway 540, just south of Fayetteville AR
Boston Mountains, AR

At Mount Gaylor, AR
The Lookout

In Devil's Den State Park, AR:
Stage 1 TT_0009-Edit.jpg

One more thing before I go.
I had this song stuck in my head all week:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubree said...

Great song! I've been digging it lately!! BTW, did any of the photos of my race turn out or the crash photos afterwards???

May 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger sc said...

the photos are BIG.

keep up the good work.

May 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home